Friday, November 13, 2009

Health Insurance

I know you are excited but the baby conversion is going to have to wait. Thar be dumb people afoot! So I've been reading the hubbabaloo about going to jail because you don't have health insurance. This is of coarse retarded. The obvious parallel is with driver's insurance. If you get pulled over without it the fine is usually 100-500. If you are a habitual offender you could have your license suspended, car impounded and could face steep fines. If you get in an accident you have to pay for everything and could face serious jail time. I don't find this odd. Nor do you (probably).

Now the top commenter at ABC site of sitedness has pointed out that he has always taken care of his own health issues and has never used hostipals and the such. Then guess what. You are a person who walks, bikes and takes the bus everywhere. You don't own or drive a car and thus the system is irelevant to you, unless you ever get hit by a car (i.e. have something really life threatening you can't fix) and then you hope to hell the people who need to be insured are (the driver in the case of the hit, and you in the case of something else life threatening).

I think this panic is another fine example of fear stirring, boat rocking, and general I'm-not-happy-so-I'm-going-to-fuck-with-my-opponentry. A buddy of mine I play WoW with broke his space bar and so he typed with the hyphen in place of the space. It was hard to tell when he was being clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment