Friday, November 13, 2009

Week 26

So before I start I want to say that on hunting for information on the vegetable of the week I ran into a good man with a similar thought on this whole fauna-to-flora comparison thing as I. Also his little girl is beautiful and going through a tough time right now, my thoughts go out to you. But alas I have some baby unit conversions to commit good sir!

One and two-thirds pounds, 14 inches head to heel and english hothouse cucumber. Cucumber is such a silly word to type because the first two syllables start with cu but sound different. Amazing what a little m can do.

So anyway you'd be surprised on where my brain will take us today, I know I was. For the record my conversions, except for next week's, are not premeditated and I just kind of go where my will takes me. Now pay attention because this one is tough. Consider the baby-cucumber of 14"X1"X1" and weighing in at 1.66 pounds (my little stegosaurus with the base measurement approximated to be like the cucumber). So if he stood on you he'd impart .1134 Atmospheres of pressure. The Mariana trench at its deepest is roughly 36,200 feet. So at the bottom you'd experience 15693.43 pounds of water or 1067.58 atmospheres of pressure (of coarse in addition to the 1 from the atmosphere itself). So, 1 atmosphere of pressure is 8.82 babies. So 9416 babies would impart the same force as the Mariana trench's deepest spot! That is 2.08 miles of babies.

BUT I'M NOT DONE!
A slice of bread is roughly 10 cm by 11 cm, say 4 inches square. A cucumber roughly 1 inch by 1 inch could thus have 16 slice fit on this slice for a cucumber sandwich. Ooooooh boy this is awesome you just wait. Let's be generous and but 1/2" slices on this sandwich. I can make 16478 cucumber sandwiches with the aforementioned9416 14"x1"x1" cucumbers (yes I switched from baby to cucumber). Each of these sandwiches needs mayonnaise, say a serving size of 1 tablespoon. A standard recipe for a cup and a half (24 tablespoons) of mayonnaise calls for 2 eggs. That is 1374 eggs. HAHAHA this is the best part.

With that many eggs one could manufacture flu vaccine for the entire population of any of the following EXACTLY:
Eatonville , WA in 1990
Dawson, MN in 2007
Glade Spring, VA unsure of date
Woodland Hills, UT also unsure
Fethard, Ireland in 2006
The asian population of Studio City, CA in 2006 (holy fuck that one is making me laugh)
The Valera Fratta commune in Valera Venezuela in 2006
Ronbinsonville, Mississippi not sure of the date
I'm sure there are more but I'm bored with looking now. HA! hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment